Wonder what the average length of a conversation between a patient with rheumatoid arthritis and physician is? It’s 11 minutes 11 seconds, says Verilogue in its latest infographic.
The organization’s conversational data, illustrated in the infographic, provides statistics on the average length of conversation, who does the talking, the average number of questions asked, the most frequent questions physicians ask, meds and medical conditions discussed and where the patients say they experience pain.
Here are a few highlights:
- Knees, feet and wrists are the joints people complain about the most.
- Ibuprofen is the pain reliever they mention most frequently.
- Physicians ask an average of 17 questions per visit, while patients ask four and caregivers only three.
- Physicians do 63 percent of the talking on average during an office visit.
- Take a look at the infographic to learn more.