Your organization’s intranet should be more than an employee directory and a message board to share funny GIFs and cat videos. It should be functional, beautifully designed and full of fresh content and resources that make it easier for employees to do their jobs.
How can you make sure your intranet is useful to employees and encourages productivity and enthusiasm?
There’s so much you can do with your intranet, but if it has these five features, you’re in on the right track:
1. Employee profiles. New employees should be able to access an org chart and a directory of employees which includes photos and contact information.
2. Enterprise search. Information that isn’t easy to find is useless to employees. A search function that works across the platform will keep them from scrambling to find what they’re looking for.
3. Engaging content. Include blogs, articles or videos to introduce new employees or policy updates, along with customer testimonials, infographics that explain internal processes and more.
4. Employee recognition. Opportunities to celebrate victories are incredibly important for the success of your intranet.
5. Resources. Are employees able to refer back to meeting notes, training documents or benefits information easily? A dedicated resource center will be widely used within your organization.
Does your intranet pass the test?
Show us how your internal communications hub is promoting productivity and engaging your employees. Don’t miss your last chance to enter Ragan’s 2018Intranet Awards by Oct. 17 at 11:59 p.m. Central time.