Sleep deprivation is the cause of 100,000 car crashes and 1,550 crash-related deaths annually in the United States, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Communicators can play a vital role in cutting these figures down and preventing victims from showing up in your hospital’s emergency room.
Problems associated with sleep deprivation include:
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Accidents from inattention
- Increased risk of diabetes
- Weight gain or weight loss
To help people get the sleep they need, this infographic from the Downduvet website offers five science-supported tactics for falling asleep. They include:
- Exercising three hours before you go to bed
- Keeping to a predictable schedule for going to bed
- Maintaining a healthy diet