Health care is changing.
Marketwave, a mid-sized Dallas marketing agency, developed an infographic and video addressing a hotly discussed health care marketing topic: health literacy.
The marketing agency curated statistics related to health care marketing, statistics specific to how consumers understand their own health care information. The Marketwave video and infographic focused on how health literacy affects four main groups (insurers, employers, providers and consumers)—and how huge part of that is driven by digital communication.
- The industry has evolved from diagnosis and treatment to a conversation about health, wellness and vitality.
- Nine out of 10 adults have difficulty using health information.
- Improved health literacy reduces costs by 5.3 percent and hospital admissions by 12.5 percent.
- For every dollar an employer spends on wellness programs, medical costs are reduced by $3.27 and absenteeism costs by $2.73.
- About 77 percent of patients search for providers online before booking appointments.
- Three-fourths of the most-watched health care videos are patient-focused.
Tags: health literacy