You know the benefits of breastfeeding for both mothers and children alike, but do your patients?
August is National Breastfeeding Month, the ideal time to remind expectant parents why breastfeeding is important to the health of their newborn children—and to mothers themselves.
The infographic below spells out the benefits of breastfeeding.
- Decreased risk of childhood cancer
- Higher visual acuity
- Reduced risk of diabetes
- Lower cholesterol
- Reduced risk of breast, ovarian and endometrial cancer
- Decreased risk of osteoporosis
- Faster return of uterus to pre-pregnancy state
- Lower risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol and more
View the infographic here.